Monday 28 October 2013

The Future of Storytelling




I have enrolled on this free online storytelling course from ‘iversity’. From what I have read and watched so far, the course material looks really good, and it has been very interesting. It is an 8 chapter course that ends on the 20/12/2013, and includes topics on storytelling basics – serial formats (on the TV, web and beyond) – storytelling in role-playing games – interactive storytelling in video games – transmedia storytelling – alternate-reality gaming – augmented reality and location-based storytelling – the role of tools, interfaces and information architectures in current storytelling. The course is a MOOC, or ’A Massively Open On-line Course’.

I would recommend any writers to take a look. It is aimed at story tellers of all types. I have just completed Unit One, and will post my end of unit 'creative activity' on this blog.

Check it out here: The Future of Storytelling.